Monday, August 9, 2010

Sorry Letter to a Friend

Sorry letter to a friend who you are not in speaking terms with, due to something hurtful said and done.

Dear Trudy,

People habitually choose to ignore the consequences of their actions or the weight of the words they leave behind. I am not one of those people. I am your friend first and foremost. I will not let whatever stupid remark I made get between us. I am aware of the hurt, the pain and the suffering you are going through because of my recklessness. I had said some things that triggered a series of events which to me though unexpected- are unacceptable.

It is not acceptable for me to hurt someone I care about. You may not want to talk to me anymore. I understand that. You are angry, upset and overwhelmed. I would still like us to talk this over when you are ready and when there is less of this anger being flung around. Just like old times, I am just a call away.

Sincerely,
James

No comments:

Post a Comment